Business Systems Analyst
LOCATION: DOWNTOWN MONTREAL
Sekure Merchant Solutions is committed to helping business owners save money by finding the lowest credit card processing rates for their business. Our excellent service and customer loyalty have made us a trusted name in the payment processing industry. With over 400 employees and two Montreal offices, Sekure is growing at a rapid pace.
At Sekure, we believe that employee satisfaction is the key to success, which is why we take pride in offering a highly engaged, collaborative and fun work environment. As one of Canada’s top-rated employers, Sekure is a great place to take your career to new heights!
As the Business Analyst (BA), you will be responsible for translating business requirements into functional specifications and ensuring that deliverables conform with requirements. You will act as part of a cross-functional team, serving as the intermediary between the product owners and technical team, and will assist the QA team with end-to-end testing.
In addition, you will attend meetings to review schedules, status updates and issues; stay up to date on change management initiatives; prepare status reports; and support project team members as needed.
• Analyze and translate business needs into functional specifications and obtain sign-off from stakeholders
• Create, refine and maintain user stories and associated deliverables to meet development and stakeholder needs
• Work with product owners to confirm the delivered solution is in fulfillment of requirements
• Lead all workshops related to project requirements and business solutions
• Oversee control of received requirements against the approved project scope
• Assist the Scrum Master in removing impediments encountered by the team facilitate Scrum meetings when needed
• Assist product owners by facilitating backlog prioritization meetings with different stakeholders
• Create change requests and follow up when adjustments to initial requirements are needed
• Assist QA team in reviewing test cases and ensuring test plans cover all aspects of the application that needed validation
• Ensure proposed technical designs are meeting business requirements
• Assist QA team with defect identification and resolution
• Identify and communicate any project risks encountered
• Meet project budget targets and scheduled timelines
• 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
• Minimum 2 years in an agile environment
• Experience writing user stories and cases
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in English
• Intimate understanding of the language, tools and workflow of a BA in a fast-paced software development company
• Experience working with JIRA and/or Visual Studio Team Services
• Experience working with Microsoft technology stack
• Experience working with Reporting tools
• General database concepts and development methodologies
• Free breakfast
• Company events
• Employee lounge
• Group insurance
• Competitive salary
• EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION
• STM discount
• Free cellphone
• PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
• Ongoing coaching
• Career growth
• Job promotions
Sekure’s Diversity Commitment
Sekure Merchant Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and inclusiveness and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by law. We aspire to leverage the unique qualities that each person brings to the company and are committed to ensuring equal access and participation to all who seek to build their career at Sekure.