Financial Planning Analyst
LOCATION: DOWNTOWN MONTREAL
Sekure Merchant Solutions is committed to helping business owners save money by finding the lowest credit card processing rates for their business. Our excellent service and customer loyalty have made us a trusted name in the payment processing industry. With over 400 employees and two Montreal offices, Sekure is growing at a rapid pace.
At Sekure, we believe that employee satisfaction is the key to success, which is why we take pride in offering a highly engaged, collaborative and fun work environment. As one of Canada’s top-rated employers, Sekure is a great place to take your career to new heights!
Are you the type of analyst who loves digging into data and creating new ways to view and understand customer patterns? If so, then this may be the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Planning Analyst (FPA&A) will help drive and lead business intelligence initiatives, mainly focusing on financial and accounting analytics. The incumbent will be responsible for innovating the way we use data to understand and optimize our relationship with stakeholders.
• Manipulate, analyze, and interpret large amounts of financial and accounting data using Tableau, Excel or equivalent
• Automate processes and reports
• Perform data validation to ensure accuracy and quality
• Identify opportunities to improve business processes using data analytics
• Present findings and follow-up with business partners to ensure results are implemented
• Identify and evaluate emerging analytics software, technologies, and tools;
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends of complex data sets
• Create rich visualizations through data interpretation and analysis
• Organize and present financial data according to various audiences
• Regularly mine data from large SQL databases
• Upload raw data files into database as well as set up and manage macros
• Develop reports and dashboards as well as various reporting tools
• Assist in budgeting and forecasting for different departments
• Produce insightful analysis on large sets of customer data
• Support ongoing data processes, including data file management and generation as well as quality-checking and assistance with document preparation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics or relevant discipline is preferred
• 1-3 years’ experience with complex financial and accounting data analysis is required
• Detail orientated, with the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, Access, Tableau or equivalent software’s
• Analytical skills, including the ability to assimilate extensive amounts of detailed data and to see the big picture
• Demonstrated experience translating data into reports and presentations
• Ability to build close relationships with key stakeholders across the organization, as well as with key vendor partners
• Strong levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
• Strong analytical skills with ability to understand and communicate the meaning of the data being presented
• Multi-dimensional reporting, data correlation, data analytics and data mining
• Free breakfast
• Company events
• Employee lounge
• Group insurance
• Competitive salary
• EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION
• STM discount
• Free cellphone
• PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
• Ongoing coaching
• Career growth
• Job promotions
Sekure’s Diversity Commitment
Sekure Merchant Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and inclusiveness and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by law. We aspire to leverage the unique qualities that each person brings to the company and are committed to ensuring equal access and participation to all who seek to build their career at Sekure.